Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Gnome: Applications that starts on startup that aren't configured

There were applications that launched automaticaly when I logon and they weren't in System/preferences/startup applications. So I asked for help and I have been told to look in ~/.config/autostart where each file in that location was a launcher for an application at startup. But there was none.

As root, I did the following command in my home folder:

grep -R 'rhythmbox' .*

Then I found the culprit.. I had three files in the following folder:

~/.config/gnome-session/saved-session

Each of them was a launcher for an application that started. I deleted them and now my problem is solved.

I believe this is a bug as they were launchers created when I had the "Remember running applications" option enabled and then disabled it. Disabling the option should have deleted the launchers but it didn't. This may be fixed as I'm writing, and I could try to reproduce it but... LAZY

No comments: