Friday, March 21, 2014

Installshield LE: -4340: Internal Build Error, solved (somehow)

Thanks Flexera for the complete lack of support on this error... Well, my research had me understand the following:

  • The setup build crashes at a step which should write this in the log, but doesn't:
    Searching project for extract-at-build components...
  • It's component related (ocx?).
  • In my case, I have home made components (User Controls) in my project. They may be the cause.
  • In my case, it wasn't a dependency problem.
By repeatedly cleaning and rebuilding my projects individually, the error SOMEHOW went away. I couldn't control the problem so that's all the information I have. I hope it helps.

5 comments:

Jeremy Holovacs said...

That's not "solved"... that's "getting lucky".

Jerther said...

Hence the "somehow"

I totally agree with you with the luck. However, have you found anything else in the error? I haven't and that's the reason I've posted this.

I've had the error again in another project and the error went away by repeatedly cleaning the solution and the projects, and restarting VS. I still can't make any sens out of this.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Life is full of many challenges. Challenges that will make you or break you depending on how you handle it.
Visit my site for more updates. God Bless to your site.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net